Interviews for the Men’s and Women’s Achievement Awards will be conducted on an appointment basis during SAFECON. Signups for interview slots will be available when all the electronic signup calendars are turned on, approximately one week prior to SAFECON. Please see below for general information and a link to access the application and instructions.
- Only 1 male and 1 female per school are eligible to apply for the achievement awards.
- Applications must be submitted no later than 1700 EDT on Monday, May 8 to be eligible to interview.
- Qualifications to apply are:
- Must hold at least a private pilot certificate.
- May not be a previous first place winner of the award.
- Must be a full-time student in good standing.
- Need not be from a school competing in the National SAFECON.
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or member of the faculty which speaks to academic accomplishments, aviation involvement, and community service. The letter may be attached to the application.
- Personal resume, attached to the application.
- Interviews will be scheduled by the coach/advisor. It is the responsibility of the coach/advisor to ensure the applicant is advised of their appointment. Cell phone numbers must be listed for each coach and applicant in case of last minute schedule changes.
- Interviews will be conducted Tuesday through Friday according to the schedule posted on the SAFECON master calendar. Saturday may be used only for make ups after consultation with the event judges and the Chief Judge.
- If additional appointments are needed on Saturday due to weather, these will be made available on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Chief Judge.
Once you have read the above qualifications, please click the button below to access the application form for the Achievement Awards.Achievement Awards Application
- The topic to present for the CFI Event will be posted here when available.
- Please click here to access the scoring metrics for the CFI Event.
Each team at SAFECON may nominate one of their coaches to be considered for Coach of the Year. Please click the button below to nominate your coach and tell us why he or she is deserving of this award.Coach of the Year Nomination
The Collegiate Aviation Progress Award is awarded to the most improved school at SAFECON. Please click here to view the scoring criteria for this award.
- Deadline for applying is April 14, 2017
- Please click here to be taken to the General Aviation Manufacturer’s Association site to access the application
Please click here to view the Loening Trophy judging criteria
Each team may nominate one member as their “Outstanding Team Member.” You will only be able to enter one name from your team, so do not submit your team’s name until you have made your final decision.Submit your team member
This award is presented to the team at SAFECON who has demonstrated the highest levels of good sportsmanship. Each team present at SAFECON may cast one vote for another team. Please submit your nomination by clicking the button below.Nominate a team for the Red Baron Award