Landing Events Specifics:
- The pictures below depict the maximum authorized traffic pattern limits of a 0.75 NM wide downwind and a 1.25 NM final approach leg length. Flight outside these limits will result in a penalty. The “SAFECON 2016.kmz” file is the source information that can be opened in Google Earth, including aerial tours of the patterns. Download and viewing of the .kmz file is highly recommended as well as viewing the pictures prior to arriving in Columbus.
- The links below will take you to a form where you can enter your aircraft information for the landing events. The forms are not yet turned on, as we are still developing the heat sheet. Once the heat sheet is published, these forms will be turned on.
- Five (5) competitors from each school are permitted in each landing event.
- Only two (2) landings will be permitted, both will count for score.
- The Traffic Pattern Altitude for Power Off and Short Field Landing Events is 800′ AGL